When a custodial parent plans to move to an area beyond a 50-mile radius of his or her former residence or the noncustodial parent, this may cause complications to parenting plans. If a divorce is already final, it requires a modification to divorce orders. If the final judgment hasn't been made, then it can significantly impact reaching a divorce settlement. In either case, an experienced lawyer can help find the best solution for your family.

At the Law Office of Stephanie L. Murphy, we understand the complexities of relocation issues. We have a solid track record of helping people with these matters and know how to build a strong case. We will take an aggressive approach to defending your rights and are fully prepared to represent you in court.

If you have a relocation issue after a divorce, we can help. Contact us today at 941-328-8142 or toll free at 800-679-3004.

A Florida Child Custody Attorney Who Will Advocate for You

According to Florida law, unless a written agreement has been reached between both parents, the custodial parent must file and serve a Notice of Intent to Relocate. This notice must provide detailed reasons for the move and propose a revised contact schedule. Specific statutes also state that the move must improve the relocating parent's quality of live, while keeping a viable relationship between the noncustodial parent and children.

Attorney Stephanie Murphy is an experienced negotiator and litigator who is fully prepared to advocate for your interests. She knows what the courts focus on in child relocation cases, and we will work with you to prepare for trial, including evaluating and comparing job markets, cost of living, quality of schools and other factors. Since custody and visitation may change drastically with a move away, we also can refer you to the latest technology resources and travel policies to aid with long-distance issues.

Contact Our Law Firm Today

As you enter this transitional time in your life, trust your legal matters to an experienced Sarasota relocation attorney who cares. Call us at 941-328-8142, or toll free at 800-679-3004, to schedule an initial consultation. Or, if you prefer, contact us by e-mail using our online submission form. For your convenience, we accept all major credit cards.